Sunday, January 17, 2010

Thift Store finds this weekend!

i found this lamp at the TS and i lOVEd it...i new exactly what i was going to do with it......
My Sister n law has something like this at her house, and i wanted one So i made one. i even got the wreath at the thrift store for like 25 cents! I just took the lamp apart, took all the shiney stuff off. Then i just put it back together by tinkering!!
i hung the W with some fabric! I found the W at Walmart...it was $2.00 it cost more then the base. Crazy!
We were desperate for a Hamper...are hamper was the floor and it was driving me NUTS! i would of just bought one, but the are like 30 to 40 bucks just at walmart...No thanks im cheap! So i found this baby at the thrift store in good shape and it was only a buck.

In this picture it doesnt look to bad...but it was.



some spray paint and it looks great.. I love it and now we have a HAMPer...cant beat that for a buck and some paint!
p.S. i love the thrift store...you just have to go there with an open mind of what you can do with all the junk there!










11 comments:

Becky said...

Holy cute. You make me want to go to the thrift store right now and start crafting. Thanks for all the great ideas. I need to start making some of them!

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

I absolutely LOVE what you did with that lamp! Makes me want to go find one now! Thanks for sharing!

andrea kruger said...

I am GLAD my brother married such a STUDETTE! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the wreath hanger!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Amanda --
Great projects! I never would have thought to transform that lamp and it looks great!

Good luck with your blog - I can tell that you are very creative. I can't wait to see what else you do!

XOOX
Jen

Kimberly said...

Amanda! Love all the great craft ideas. GENIUS.

Anonymous said...

Great projects and what a fun blog!

Aaron & Jayme said...

Adorable Amanda!! I miss you!

Sheri said...

Okay, the lamp to wreath easel is a "must do!" I've linked this idea on childmade.com. Thanks for sharing!

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

I love how the lamp turned out! Very cool!

Sandy said...

I too love the thrift stores and I'm going on a "hamper search"... great find!
Sandy

http://thewondersofdoing.blogspot.com/

The No Money Mama said...

Amazing, you have inspired me to go to my local thirft stores tomorrow. I love what you have done!