Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Corn Husk Wreath!!




yesterday a few my friends got together and we all made these corn husk wreaths. i love it...im thinking about staining the tips of the corn husk to make them look a little older...but for now it looks good!



i bought these corn husks at walmart in the mexican food isle. you will prolbey need two bags and then i just used the dollar store green foam wreath. we shredded each husk into about one inch long peices, and then tacked the thicker side to the foam wreath with just sewing pins. The closer you stack them the fuller your wreath will be. i think they turned out so adorable!!!

11 comments:

srldesign said...

Love it...it's very fall =)

Angie Holden said...

I love yours!!! Great job!

allthingsrobbin said...

Love your blog! I have given you a blog award. www.allthingsrobbin.blogspot.com

Leslie said...

So fantastic! Very creative:)

Aja said...

Super cute!! Love this idea!

Home as Hobby said...

I just saw a post on Martha Stewart's blog with a cornhusk wreath, but I LIKE YOURS BETTER! Yes, you beat out Martha...congrats. :)
Seriously, going to try this one, for sure.

Robin {keephomesimple} said...

I love this! It's adorable and not too pricey to make! That's my kind of craft! Great job.
~Robin @keephomesimple

Sandra said...

Super cute idea for fall...love it!

Little Big Nest said...

I love this, I mentioned you on my blog becasue I am planning on making this!

http://littlebignest.blogspot.com/2010/09/september-is-here.html

Karly said...

OMG! LOVE THIS! Hope I can make one as cute as yours! I'm featuring this and YOU over at my blog www.jellybeanjunkyard.wordpress.com

M.O.T.B said...

I agree very very much! Love it! Good work!! New follower, come visit if you have time and enter my giveaway!